The Pearsall Primary School Parents and Citizen’s Association comprises of our school Principal, parents, and interested community members and works towards supporting our school for the benefit of all students. We meet together regularly to allow parents to be involved in decision making about the school, to share opinions and to discuss issues pertaining to the school and it’s community. A large role of the P&C is to fundraise money to provide extra resources for the benefit of the Pearsall Primary School students, as well as to co-ordinate the purchase and sale of school uniforms.
The objectives of the P&C as outlined in the constitution are:
- Co-operation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community.
- Assist in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school.
- Foster community interest in educational matters.
In addition, the P&C manages and operates the school student banking facility, a second hand uniform shop and student lunches on specific days that can include sushi and subway lunches.
Membership is open to all parents and interested community members for a fee of $1.
Please follow the link to download a membership form. Alternatively they are available at every P&C meeting.
Our current office bearers of the P&C for 2021 are:
President: Mrs Renanka O’Shea
Vice-President: Mrs Kia Zulberti
Treasurer: Mr Neil Crooks
Secretary: Nicole Seath
Executive Members: Mr Wayne Richardson, Mrs Kirby Thomas, Mr Steven Hough
The School Board is made up of parent representatives, community representatives and four staff representatives, including the principal. It is a decision-making body required and regulated by the School Education Act 1999 and the School Education Regulations 2000.
What is the School Board?
The School Board plays an important role within the school, taking part in establishing and reviewing the school’s priorities and general policy directions. The Board works with the school to strengthen its capacity to best meet the needs of students. The Board comprises school staff, parents and community representatives.
What does the School Board do?
The School Board’s functions include”
- Taking part in establishing and reviewing the school’s priorities and general policy directions;
- Taking part in planning the financial arrangements necessary to fund the school’s priorities and general policy directions;
- Taking part in the evaluation of the school’s performance in achieving its priorities;
- Approving certain changes and contributions and advertising and sponsorship agreements;
- Determining the schools dress code in consultation with students, staff and parents;
- Promoting the school in the community;
Can I bring a matter to the School Board’s attention?
Yes! Board members welcome your input and feedback and represent the interests of their community. Board members can only deal with matters falling within the Board’s ambit and do not interfere with the management of the school or performance concerns relating to a teacher. Board members respect the need for confidentiality and endeavour to protect the privacy of individuals when matters are brought for discussion.
If you would like to speak to any of the Board members, please contact them directly. If you are unsure whether a matter should be raised with the School Board please contact the Chair or Principal.
School Board email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings are conducted once a term in Terms 1 and 2. In Terms 3 and 4 meetings are held twice a term. These meetings are run in the staff room from 6pm to 7pm.